Frequently Asked Questions
Do you make custom work?
Yes, all of our Chiang Mai tattoo artists are capable of making custom tattoo designs in various styles, from realistic to old school to minimal and Japanese.
All custom work requires a deposit, as no one in this world should work for free ????
Do you accept walk-ins?
No, we don’t.
Our goal is to provide you with an amazing tattoo and an amazing experience. To ensure this, we prefer booking appointments ahead of time.
How early should I book a tattoo?
We accept walk-ins and last minute bookings, but generally speaking we recommend booking at least a week ahead of schedule. If you have a specific artist in mind or need custom work, the earlier the better.
What inks do you use?
We are dedicated to using only the highest quality tattoo inks. All of our inks are made in the USA or England and are tested rigorously for safety. Additionally, these inks are sterilized and bacteria-free.
The brands we use are Intenze, Electric Ink, Eternal Ink, Dynamic Colors, Radiant Colors and Fusion Ink
Are you VEGAN-FRIENDLY?
Yes, we use various name-brand vegan tattoo inks such as Intenze.
Do you use new needles?
Yes, all needles are still in their sterilized packaging when we open them for your tattoo. At Panumart Tattoo your safety and the safety of our artists are our primary concerns.
What are your hygienic practices?
To ensure your safety and the safety of our artists, we had two medical professionals come into our shop and create a hygienic practice protocol.
How much do tattoos cost?
- At Panumart Tattoo the price of a tattoo is determined by its design. We do not charge by the hour.
- The minimum price for a tattoo is 1,500 baht.
No matter your budget, we believe we can provide you with a great tattoo. If the design you provide us is too expensive for your budget, we will be happy to offer great alternatives. And for custom designs we are happy to work within a budget that you provide.
- The price of a tattoo goes up depending on its size, detail, the position on your body and whether it has shading and/or color.
- Custom tattoos are more expensive. And conversely tattoos in which you provide the artwork are cheaper.
How can I book a tattoo?
Appointments can be booked ahead of time if you contact us on one of our channels or come into the shop. The easiest way is to message us on our Panumart Tattoo Facebook page.
In our discussions we will first work to understand what kind of tattoo you’re interested in and when you’d like to get it. We then make sure that on that date we have an artist available who matches your style – something we find very important, as giving you a great tattoo is more important that earning some extra money.
Once that is squared away we provide you with a rough estimate for the cost of the tattoo.
When everything is agreed upon we request a deposit in order to book your tattoo and, if applicable, to pay our artists for creating your design.
The deposit is not an additional fee – it goes towards the price of your tattoo. But if you cancel your appointment then the fee is non-refundable.
The deposit can be paid with a credit card online, deposited in person, or deposited at a bank within Thailand.
Do you accept credit cards?
Yes we do. A surcharge of 2.5% will be added on for credit and debit card payments.
Do tattoos hurt?
Yes, tattoos hurt to varying degrees, but don’t worry about it! You’ve got to suffer in life to improve yourself. Only one moment of pain for a life-time of body art.
- The location on the body plays a big part, as some parts of the body hurt more than others. Although the body parts are not universally the same for everyone.
- Some designs are more painful than others. Each time the needles of the tattoo machine pierce the skin, they are obviously inflicting damage. Line-work is on the less painful end of the spectrum, as these designs only need one round of work to be completed. On the more painful end of the spectrum are designs that have line-work, shading and colors. With each successive wave of the design, the skin is taking more damage.
- Bigger tattoos can be more painful. Generally speaking, the more stress your body takes from the pain of the tattoo, the less able it is to handle added stress. With that the tattoo gets more painful.
- Sleep. Get a good night’s sleep before your session and it should hurt less.
- The YOU factor. Some people are better able to suppress the pain of tattooing. Some customers even fall asleep during their session.